I am simply in love with this gorgeous salad! It is fresh, juicy and packed with delicious, cooling veggies and herbs. It is perfect on a hot summer day!
The cucumber dill combination is so refreshing and I use it in a lot of the summer dishes I prepare. Cucumbers are high in water, vitamin C and silica which helps to keep your body hydrated and your skin most and supple.
Cukes are great to eat in the summer as they help to cool off the body from excess heat and restore balance. Dill and parsley which are two herbs I use for this recipe also have cooling properties and are very nutritious so you should pile them up on your plate any chance you get this summer.
Summer is the perfect time to clean up your diet and eat more veggies as there is an abundance of them all around. They are also fresh and locally grown which makes them even better for your health.
Veggie salads are so delicious and can be lots of fun to prepare. You can also store them in the fridge and bring with you to work. This way you make healthier choices during the busy days when you have no time to cook.
I like to chop up all my veggies for the week and pack them in ziplock bags or glass tapaware containers. You can easily toss them in a bowl when you are ready to eat and add the necessary condiments.
I know you can’t wait to try this deliciousness so lets get started! This salad takes five minutes to prepare but will leave you happy, healthy and satisfied. It is low in calories and high in nutrition — the perfect combination!
- 1 bunch red radishes (wash well)
- 1 large cucumber
- 2-3 scallions
- 1 tbsp chopped up fresh dill
- 1 tbsp chopped up parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- sea salt to taste
- Wash the radishes and cucumbers carefully. If not using organic cucumbers, peel the skin
- Chop up radishes and cakes into small cubes
- Chop the scallions into small circles (you can substitute for fresh red onion if you prefer)
- Toss the veggies in a bowl and mix in the parsley, dill, EVOO and sea salt
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top (optional)